Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2013

About Me - Morgan Reeves

I'm a junior family science major from the suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia. I was born in Germany since my family was stationed there at the time. I don’t remember anything about being over there, so I would love to go back one day. I have one older sister, making me the baby of the family. But I would say I’m pretty independent when I need to be.

I plan on working with kids in the future, so education is something that is really important to me.  I have been on 2 alternative break trips in the past and this is my first time as an experience leader. Last year I was a participant on the Chicago Urban Education trip and had such a good time I had to go back.


In my spare time, I really enjoy doing anything that is relaxing but I also love exploring new things. I have the dream to travel to every continent and to see as much of the world as I can before I die. In the meantime, though, you’ll probably find me on Netflix catching up on old episodes of Doctor Who. 

I found this really interesting article about the performance gap in Chicago schools. The Nations Report card was recently released and it showed that the gap between the black and white students and the poor and rich students is widening in Chicago. The good news is that CPS has four main groups (Latinos, Blacks, English learners, and those with disabilities) that they are going to focus on in efforts to try to close the gap. On a positive note, even with the widening gap, CPS is seeing its current series of reforms actually pay off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment